SharePoint Server 2010 will be 64-bit only.
SharePoint Server 2010 will require 64-bit Windows Server 2008 or 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2.
SharePoint Server 2010 will require 64-bit SQL Server 2008 or 64-bit SQL Server 2005.
SharePoint 2010 will not support Internet Explorer 6
The Web Content Management features built into SharePoint 2010 will provide a deep level of control over the markup and styling
So, what can you do today to get into the best shape for SharePoint Server 2010?
- Start by ensuring new hardware is 64-bit. Deploying 64-bit is our current best practice recommendation for SharePoint 2007.
- Deploy Service Pack 2 and take a good look at the SharePoint 2010 Upgrade Checker that’s shipped as part of the update.
- Get to know Windows Server 2008 with SharePoint 2007, this post is a great starting point.
- Consider your desktop browser strategy if you have large population of Internet Explorer 6 users.
- Continue to follow the Best Practices guidance for SharePoint Server 2007.