Thursday, August 13, 2009

Troubles with CustomList Feature (OOB)

This evening I spent 40 minutes fighting with one my little mistake :-) I was playing with site and lists definitions from retract-solVSeWSS 1.3, and I created a custom list definition with name “CustomList”. When I deployed this def. for the first time, VS said there is a conflict with existing feature, named CustomList and I quickly decided to retract the existing one :-) But, exactly at this moment I tried to access my site collection and received the following error:

 

 

Dependency feature with id 00bfea71-de22-43b2-a848-c05709900100 for feature 'TeamCollab' (id: 00bfea71-4ea5-48d4-a4ad-7ea5c011abe5) is not installed.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.CheckFeatureDependency(SPFeatureDefinition featdefDependant, SPFeatureDependency featdep, Boolean fActivateHidden, Boolean fForce)

WTF?

image

And after 30 minutes investigation, I found the following:

TeamCollab feature depends on many other features, how is written in the Error message and one of them is CustomList

image

When I retracted CustomList, the server retracted it’s OOB feature and I found that feature.xml file from hive 12 \TEMPLATE\FEATURES\CustomList is missing. The fastest solution for me was to get the particular file from another Sharepoint farm and to copy it to the right place. Finally I ran

stsadm –o installfeature –name CustomList

… and all was OK

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment