Friday, August 21, 2009

Sharepoint Error Message: “Your client does not support opening list with windows explorer”

I received the following message, when I tried to open document library in Windows explorer view: “Your client does not support opening list with windows explorer”

clip_image002

OS: Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x86)

Browser: IE 7

MOSS version: 12.0.0.6510

 

The solution:

By default, “Web Client” service is not installed with Windows Server 2008, you need to install “Desktop Experience” from Server Manager > Features

clip_image002[10]

clip_image002[12]

Special thanks to Nishant Shah

5 comments:

  1. If anyone figures out why I might have only one user with this issue, but quite a few with basically identical config & no issue, I would love to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot. Webclient disabled on Win7 Grr. Thanks for the tip, it fixed my problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. It is fixed for me in windows 2008 R2 server

    ReplyDelete