Yesterday evening I had a very strange problem with InfoPath form. When I tried deploy it to Sharepoint production farm I received the error that “some rules were not applied”. The same form worked perfect when I tested in InfoPath client against the same Sharepoint deployment. It is very important to say, that I’m using a call to UserProfileService and GetUserProfileByName operation. The production farm consist of three WFE and we found the following exception in the log:
w3wp.exe (0x15D8) 0x17A8 Forms Server Forms Services Data Objects 13zh Exception System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.WebServiceHelper.GetResponseHelper(WebRequest request, DataAdapterTimer dataAdapterTimer, DataAdapterCredentials credentials, Stopwatch timer, ExecWebRequestExceptionState state, String adapterName, Boolean isQuery) at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.WebServiceHelper.ExecWebRequestSync(XPathNavigator inputSubDOM, Boolean inputUseDataset, XPathNavigator resultsSubDOM, Boolean resultUseDataset, XPathNavigator errorsSubDOM, Uri serviceUrl, Uri soapAction, Int64 timeOutMillisec, Solution solution, Document document, String name, Boolean isQuery, DataAdapterTimer dataAdapterTimer, DataAd...
Server platform: Windows Server 2003 x64, SP2
Check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926642 (Method 2: Disable the authentication loopback check) and add DisableLoopbackCheck key on each WFE.
After reboot it works!