Microsoft just released the third version of SP Administration Toolkit. The new added feature is Sharepoint Diagnostics (SPDiag) tool, which can:
- Collect IIS and ULS log files, performance counter data, event logs, and WMI instrumentation data from a SharePoint farm.
- Filter data to show granular information related to specific servers, Web applications, HTTP requests, event IDs, URI queries, and almost any other data points captured through supported channels.
- Create custom reports that can help reveal performance trends over time.
- Create snapshots of your SharePoint farm that include detailed information about your farm’s hardware, installed software and logical topology.
- Export collected data and reports that can be sent to Microsoft support personnel.
The user guide for SPDiag is available for download here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1c222804-51c7-4bb5-ae3d-89c68ad27a78&displaylang=en
Another enhancement in the toolkit is updated setup program, which now works with User Access Control and is no longer need to run it as administrator.